IN THIS ISSUE
In this issue, Katherine Jones explains her bias binding appliqué technique, cover artist Sue de Vanny ‘paints’ with collage, and we learn how to work wet cyanotype with Sue Reno.
Bias binding–yes, that slightly stiff neckline and armhole edging–was the inspiration behind the bias binding appliqué technique in Katherine Jones’ quilt, shown above. Learn Katherine’s technique, and see more examples of her work in the January/February 2018 issue of Machine Quilting Unlimited!
Also in this issue:
• Viewpoints 9, an international, invitational, collaborative project consisting of nine artists from five countries.
• Margaret Solomon Gunn reports on Quilting with Kids.
• Cover artist Se de Vanny discusses ‘Painting’ with Collage.
• Sue Reno steps us through Working with Wet Cyanotype.
• Kit Robinson continues her Landscape Quilts series in Stitching Hills and Fields.
• We go into the Art Studio with Material Matrix, Sandra Bruce.